The ideal bucket:
- Plastic – not too thin as these can split when you cut them.
- Internal diameter at the top around 260mm (~10.5 inches). Definitely no less than 240mm (~9.5 inches) and no more than 300mm (~12inches).
- Straight sides. Well, straight-ish sides
- Depth of around 190mm (~7.5 inches). If you can find one of that depth, then you are saved a lot of cutting and fiddling. If you can only find buckets that are much deeper than that, like the one in the pic above, then brace yourself for some cutting and fiddling.
- Colour of your choice. If it is close to Christmas, red could be nice.
What you need to make an Eliza bucket light hat:
Instructions for making a one wavelength Eliza, a bucket red light hat are underway. They will be published as a document rather than as blog posts.