While writing out the instructions to make light hats from buckets, I’ve been musing on the lives of the 2-wavelength light hats we have made since 2016.
What have the light hats been doing since we gave them away?
Quite a lot, it seems.
- One went to Europe at the beginning of 2017, and floated down the Rhine, sampling the local beer.
- Three went wandering in outback Australia. One came home but two are still out there, somewhere in the wilds of Western Australia.
- One did a presentation to a Parkinson’s Support Group in February 2017. The participants were not impressed by the bucket’s attire but they were impressed by what its two wavelengths had been doing.
- One is based in regional NSW but travels all over Australia, packed in a carry-on bag with socks and jocks stuffed inside the bucket next to the switch box.
- The others are quietly working at home. They might be planning grand adventures – who knows.