- Measure 160mm or 6.5 inches from the top of the bucket. And mark the measurement all around the bucket. You don’t need to be exact.
- Mark places where you will be making holes. The first is at the top, about half way between the attachment of the handles. Only mark the holes circled below. (The other holes you will need for the two wavelength version, but not the one wavelength version.)
3. Now mark holes lower down, on either side of the 160mm or 6.5 inch mark. You need to do these holes in two places, on opposite sides of the bucket. I do them under the handle attachments, as it helps keep me oriented.
While writing out the instructions to make light hats from buckets, I’ve been musing on the lives of the 2-wavelength light hats we have made since 2016.
What have the light hats been doing since we gave them away?
Quite a lot, it seems.
- One went to Europe at the beginning of 2017, and floated down the Rhine, sampling the local beer.
- Three went wandering in outback Australia. One came home but two are still out there, somewhere in the wilds of Western Australia.
- One did a presentation to a Parkinson’s Support Group in February 2017. The participants were not impressed by the bucket’s attire but they were impressed by what its two wavelengths had been doing.
- One is based in regional NSW but travels all over Australia, packed in a carry-on bag with socks and jocks stuffed inside the bucket next to the switch box.
- The others are quietly working at home. They might be planning grand adventures – who knows.